[Asterisk-Users] incoming fax x100p

Jim Sneeringer j at snee.us
Sat Mar 13 13:25:11 MST 2004

There is a special extension, called "fax," that you use to specify where
you want incoming fax calls to go.  It detects faxes by the CNG tone and
sends them where you specify.  Here is an example:

 exten => fax,1,Dial(${Fax}) ; Use Zap channel for 2004 instead of ${Fax}

There are some faxes that do not send CNG tones, so this will occasionally
fail for that reason. You might also send calls that time out to the fax
extension, or you can use distinctive ringing, as someone else suggested.

Let me know how this works for you. I am still having trouble with garbled
fax transmissions once I get a connection to the fax, and I would be
interested in your experience sending and receiving faxes.

Jim