[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users digest, Vol 1 #3092 - 11 msgs

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Sat Mar 13 04:52:37 MST 2004

I know that the 1 denotes the Zap channel number.  That's why I would
not expect it to dial a 1.  But it apparently does dial a one.  Hence my
original question.

If it did not dial a 1, it would not work because a 1 is required for
the called number, as coded, to work properly with the local phone service.

Furthermore, I discovered this because I originally coded it this way:

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN}|55)

...which simply timed out on the line and failed.  Experimentally, I
determined that the telco was expecting 3 more digits, in spite of the
fact that 7 digit dialing is normal for the line.