[Asterisk-Users] Re: Strange Problem

Fri Mar 12 20:36:13 MST 2004

On some telco systems, the person who makes the call is the only one who
can 'release' the call. As such, even if the callee (person who was
called) hangs up, and then picks up again (say minutes later) the caller
will still be on the line. As soon as the caller hangs up, both ends are
dis-connected. This is the way it used to work here in Australia, I
don't know if it still does.

If one end is on a digital line, and it hangs up, it will disconnect the
call, regardless of whether it initiated the call or not. (AFAIK).

Regards,
Adam