[Asterisk-Users] Re: Strange Problem

Asterisk Learner aawan at emirates.net.ae
Fri Mar 12 20:00:08 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Stephen R.
Besch
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 12:19 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Strange Problem

Asterisk Learner wrote:

>> I am experiencing a strange problem and wanted to know if someone has

>> faced any similar issues or could provide me with a way to counter
this
>> problem. I am in the process of experimenting with asterisk and
trying
>> to setup a basic functional system. I have one TDM400P (single port)
and
>> one X100P. I am using one analog phone connected to the TDM400P and I

>> also have a couple of Xlite SIP phones configured. I can make calls
out
>> to the PSTN and I can also receive calls.
>>

>> The problem happens when someone from the outside (PSTN) calls the
>> Asterisk box. I have asterisk configured to forward the call to Zap/2

>> (analog phone). Zap/2 rings and I can talk to the person on the other

>> end but if I hang up first then the other end does not see as the
call
>> being hung up. Asterisk CLI shows that Zap/1-1 (FXO) hungup but for
some
>> reason the other end thinks that the call is still up and does not
>> disconnect unless the person hangs up himself. The confusing part is
>> that if I initiate the call then this problem does not happen.
>>

>> Can someone tell me what is happening and how to resolve this issue?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>On analog lines, the central ofice switch will signal that the remote
>end hung up the call, if I recall correctly, either by dropping loop
>current or using a brief polarity reversal. There may be other means as

>well.  You need to make sure that you are using the correct settings to

>sense this properly.

I am not seeing the problem when the remote side hangs up. I apologize
if my description of the problem was vague. I will have another go at
it. The problem happens when someone from the outside calls my asterisk
box and I pick up the analog phone (attached to the TDM400P) and then
hang up from the inside. The problem DOES NOT happen when I call from
the inside to outside and hang up from the inside. I believe in both
cases Asterisk is responsible for releasing the line as in both cases
the inside is hanging up.

>The reason you don't see this when you place the call is that,
>obviously, your end has no trouble determining when you have hung up,
>regardless of setting that affect the detection of the remote end
>hanging up.

>Stephen R. Besch

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: