[Asterisk-Users] IPC5000 - Wireless Sip phone

Miguel Cavazos miguel at cavazos.com.mx
Thu Mar 11 16:24:19 MST 2004

The problem with the few wifi sip phones is the size, its to big
compared to normal cellphones. I got a wisip and i was going to buy an
IPC5000 but he has no paypal or credit card charge online store and
so....

But the point is wisip and IPC5000 are about the same size both the big
difference is that wisip has a small lcd and IPC5000 has a bigger lcd,
this could make a difference in a future for webbrowser on the phone or
msgs to irc,msn,icq what ever. A webbrowser could help roaming alot
since many wifi providers like starbucks use web auth as a login.

I think wifi phone are the future and both wisip and IPC5000 are the
first generation of wifi phones also the expensive cisco wifi phone that
doesnt support sip yet. So i expect in a near future smaller phones with
a high battery life.

In my expirience with a wifi sip phone you can go about EVERY where and
use it school, office, house, friends even on the street if you have a
palm with netchaser to search wifi hotspots or a small wifi detector
thats about 20 dlls or a lap on the car you can find many Access points
(about 2 every 150meters) where you can stop and make a call ( a call
wont harm the owner of the access point ).

I had several call this week from access points on the street and I
think that the voip future is wifi. However the battery on wifi phones
wont be so good for now since many wifi devices eat batterys in a couple
of hours.

Buy IPC5000 the big lcd is worth the extra 28USD

Miguel Cavazos