[Asterisk-Users] Using MultiTech MVP-210 as FXO/FXS gateway

Stephen Foster sfoster at isense.ca
Thu Mar 11 11:23:18 MST 2004

Hi all,
            I'm trying to use my 2-port multi-tech VoIP gateway to talk
to asterisk. Ideally I want to put it in a remote location with a POTS
line one port1 and an analog phone on port2 to call that location. Both
the MultiTech and Asterisk have non-natted static IP's.

I have tried every different type of configuration possible for the
sip.conf file. I can call from the analog phone on the multitech to a
local asterisk extension and it rings, but when I  pickup I get a busy
signal at both ends.

When I try and call from asterisk to the phone on the multitech, I don't
even get that far. I receive this from the CLI:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/10-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/10-1", "SIP/multitech") in new stack
    -- Called multitech
    -- Got SIP response 486 "Busy Here" back from 122.33.44.55
    -- SIP/multitech-964c is busy
  == Everyone is busy at this time
*       Hungup 'Zap/10-1'

The MultiTech seems pretty simple to configure, just the IP of asterisk,
username and pass. The only field I haven't tried its SIP URL. I was
recently at a MultiTech show and I saw them use x-lite to call to the
MultiTech. Since neither is a sip proxy, I can't figure out why that
worked for them but I can't get this working with asterisk.

Here is the current version of my sip.conf

[multitech]
context=local
;disallow=all
allow=all