[Asterisk-Users] Using MultiTech MVP-210 as FXO/FXS gateway

John Chester fs1 at sufficiently.com
Thu Mar 11 13:55:10 MST 2004

I am using an MVP-210 as FXS -- I haven't tried FXO.

Here's my sip.conf entry:

[mvp-x303]
type=friend
host=192.168.1.93
username=303
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=fs1
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

(Not sure if dtmfmode is correct.)

Username must be an extension number that appears in the MVP210's inbound
phone book.

Here's an MVP210 outbound phone book entry to call x352 on the Asterisk server:

Destination Pattern: 352
Total Digits: 3
IP Address: 192.168.1.94        (the Asterisk server)
Protocol Type: SIP
Transport Protocol: UDP (MVP210 defaults to TCP)
SIP Port Number: 5060