[Asterisk-Users] Nitsuko 124i interface, anyone?

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Mar 11 10:06:08 MST 2004

A client has a Nitsuko 124i phone system with an accompanying voicemail
based on a single dialogic card with two ports.

Has anyone tried to replace the Nitsuko NVM-2000 with asterisk?

Right now there are two RJ-11's strung from the phonesystem to the
voicemail. All calls that come into the business are first dropped onto
the voicemail system to run through a menu, allow choosing of extension,
etc. After that, the voicemail transmits a signal back to the
phonesystem which causes it to grab the line back and send it on to the
called party.

I believe we can replace the NVM-2000 with asterisk, but I'm not sure
what kind of signalling or cards would be needed to allow asterisk to
handle and process the calls.

Comments from anyone who has worked with this hardware and knows more
about it than myself are appreciated, even if you've not actually tried
to swap it out with *.

-----
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/