[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 and short delay before voice starts after ring.

James Sizemore james at deny.org
Thu Mar 11 08:37:33 MST 2004

> exten => 6500,1,Answer
> exten => 6500,2,Wait,1
> exten => 6500,3,VoicemailMain2
>
> Or should I say, "Me too!"
>
> Is this the bug for the case in question?
>  "CSCed48311: Media takes 0.4 sec to be set up"
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Andrew

Yes the problem is that when making outgoing calls, there is enough of a
delay in the call setup once the remote side picks up, that people that
answer the phone "hello" will be heard saying "o"  or if they talk fast
enough not heard at all therefor leaving a very awkward silence at the
start of a call.

This is very annoying. A earlier  person  suggested  answering the
calls before  dialing  and playing a ringing sound till the start of the
voice.  That may be a work around of sorts for some,  you will hear a
ring then a congestion tone on call that can't connect, or a ring before
a operator messages (say to dial one before the number) that most users
may not be used to.  I'll be playing with that ideal to see what "odd"
effect a ring has before call setup causes.

The work around may be less annoying then the problem. <smile> I'll see.