[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 and short delay before voice starts after ring.

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Mar 10 19:22:24 MST 2004

> >Can you test this with an extension that goes into VoiceMailMain().  My
> >7960 and 7960G phones both get the first couple letters of "Commedian
> >Mail" cut off (usually "...median Mail").

For my first two or three months of using Asterisk I had this problem
(with a Cisco 1750 and Cisco FXO and FXS cards).  I thought the name of
Asterisk's voicemail system was "Median Mail", which I believe is a
copyright/tradmatk of Northern Telecom.  I stoped using the Cisco voice
cards when the TDM400P was released.  I've not experienced this problem
with Cisco ATA-186 SIP firmware 1.6.1 or Cisco 7905G firmware 1.0.1.  I
don't know if the firmware updates fixed the problem or something else
fixed the problem.