[Asterisk-Users] IAX Connection-Latency/Bandwidth Question

Benjamin Hoskins ben at publicpr.com
Wed Mar 10 17:50:06 MST 2004

Hello!

I am new to * here and have a question....

We are installing * currently in the US.  We have a small remote office
overseas.  We would like to enlarge that office to about 20 people using IP
phones.

My questions are:

 1.  I pinged the website of the ISP twice from the dsl line I am on which
perhaps is not as fast as our T1 line in our office but the following is the
average ping times were 216ms, 229 ms,  133 ms, 142 ms, 329 ms, 251 ms (
that enough?  :) )

Is anyone running IAX connection with this type of latency?  How is the
quality of the connection?

2.  Is 2 MBPS DSL fast enough to handle the connection for 20 users?

Thank you for your information.

Ben