There is no FORK! (WAS Re: [Asterisk-Users] BETA RADIUS support for Asterisk)

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Wed Mar 10 16:33:41 MST 2004

> >This is why disclaimers are important for those who
> >contribute patches. If there isn't a disclaimer, Digium can not include
> >it in the proprietary version of asterisk. If they can not include it in
> >the proprietary version, they tend to not allow it in their version of
> >the GPL releases so they don't have to maintain a real proprietary fork
> >as well as the GPL version.
> >

> THERE IS NO FORK!  There is a total of ONE (1) Asterisk source tree.

well, if i understand the GPL right there has to be a fork. If there is
a non-GPL licensed * it cannot contain the mysql friends funtionality
which is in chan_iax2 and chan_sip since the mysql client libs are
GPL only. Please correct me if i am wrong.

best regards

kapejod
--
Klaus-Peter Junghanns

CEO, CTO
Junghanns.NET GmbH
Breite Strasse 13a - 12167 Berlin - Germany
fon: (de) +49 30 79705390
fon: (uk) +44 870 1244692
fax: (de) +49 30 79705391
iaxtel: 1-700-157-8753