[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk mangling faxes

Jim Sneeringer j at snee.us
Wed Mar 10 11:21:57 MST 2004

All the fax modems I have seen do send CNG tones, but I have seen some very
old standalone fax machines that do not. They used to be quite common, but
in the last few years I have only seen one fax machine that does not support
CNG.

One workaround is to send the call to the fax machine on a timeout. Then a
fax that does not send a CNG can sometimes still get through.