[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Codecs [G.729]

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Mar 10 04:41:56 MST 2004

All of the numbers he's showing are apparently adding inbound and outbound
traffic together, giving results that are approximately double what is
actually seen on the wire. If he is working in a half-duplex ethernet
environment, those numbers have some meaning; if full-duplex, then cut them
in half for reasonable engineering values. (Also, some _appear_ to be
questionable.)

> What is the method you are using to test the bandwidth. Can you give us a outline
> how to do a bit rate measurement on
> asterisk.

<snip>