[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Transfer and the # key

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Mar 9 14:53:16 MST 2004

There is a better way to deal with this, it's the doublehash patch. This
patch makes it so you have to press the hash key twice to transfer a call
instead of once as is default in Asterisk.

Sad thing is that every time the parking code changes the patch has to
change(sometimes twice a week) and I don't have a patch for the most recent
CVS. I've asked numerous times for some wonderful Asterisk-code-God(please
Mark ;)) to make it a configurable variable in the parking.conf file but
noone seems to think it's worthy of doing. It's actually a rather simple
code change from what I can guess reading the patch code. I've been told
that the core developers(Mark) don't want to mess with doublehash, but maybe
if enough people say they want it we can get them to make this harmless
addition to the parking code.

Here's a bug where it's been talked about:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000885

MATT---