[Asterisk-Users] Crossconnect VoIP and PSTN in India. Is it allowed? {Scanned}

htguy htguy at patriottelecom.com
Tue Mar 9 13:35:09 MST 2004

What PBX systems do you have in the US and Ukrain?
There are a couple of ways I believe you could do this.

a) set the PRI port on the Definity as an E&M Tie Line, then have * just
perform the VOIP Gateway functions. (as if it were point to point tie lines)
b) set the PRI port on the Definity as an E&M Tie Line, which passes those
calls to * which then handles the Gateway and routing functions for the
calls to the other locations. (point to multipoint)
c) set the PRI port on the Definity as a PRI Line, and use * as a
softswitch/gateway.

you may want to check out Multitech's website. They have a line of products
"certified" to work with Avaya equipment. Check out their diagrams to get
some ideas on how to set up your network for "Toll bypass"

Not sure about the legal issues, I know in the US as long as it remains a
private network (not available to the public and only for internal office
use) it's ok.
It's once you open up all that nice low cost routing of voice traffic to the
public, the Public Utilities Commissions start to take notice.

-Art