[Asterisk-Users] Limiting simultaneous inbound SIP calls

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Mar 8 16:45:34 MST 2004

Hi!

> Initial thoughts are to use a counter, increment on call presentation,
> decrement on call tear down, and give the inbound call busy or congestion
> treatment if the counter is above a certain value when the call is
> presented?

I guess you need to "protect" your rather thin Internet uplink so that
"one call too many" doesn't bring all existing calls down? The above
approach will give you trouble with transferred or prematurely
disconnected calls I assume...

But you could use AGI and/or a SYSTEM command to do SHOW CHANNELS or
something similar and that way determine what exactly is going on on your
box. Another approach would be to use the manager API for this, however
the first approach looks easier and more advisable to me for your case.

Cheers, Philipp