[Asterisk-Users] x100p Q.

Darren Poulson asterisk at 22balmoralroad.net
Sat Mar 6 04:16:45 MST 2004

On Saturday 06 March 2004 10:03 am, Jon Lawrence wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I've now managed to my basic voip setup working, but I have a problem with
> my fxo cards.
> If I plug the cards into the pstn line whilst a normall phone is also
> plugged in, the normal phone continually rings. I'm convinced that this is
> a problem with the wiring but I don't know what/why. The * box works
> perfectly (with the exception of the callerid) so long as I don't have
> another phone plugged in. I can't just unplug all the other phones - the
> sky box + alarm system must remain plugged in.
> I can still ring out on the other phones and also on the * box, but the
> constant ringing is obviously a problem :)
>
> Is this normal ?
> Has anyone else seen this ?
> fyi I'm based in the UK.

Hi,

I was having a similar problem with all the none asterisk'd phones ringing,
but it was only occasionally. I solved the problem by plugging everything
through asterisk! *8-)

FYI (and the lists') A UK Sky box can be configured to dial 9 (or any other
code) for an outside line. Press Services, 4, 0, 1, select and you will be
taken to the engineers menu which includes phone setup. Alternatively, at
least on my box, the phone number it dials is 08007317929 which you could set
up as an extension to allow direct dialing for that number.

I'd be surprised if the alarm can't also be configured in a similar way.

The other option is, plug these other phones into the phone socket on the x100
card. This should solve the problem of the phones ringing. It would probably
be the best way to configure the alarm as well come to think of it, that way
during a power cut the alarm can still ring out if anyone breaks in!

Hope this helps,

Darren.

PS, is anyone working on CallerID in the UK? It would be very handy, but I
don't know enough about programming/phones to do anything bar testing!