[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk fault tolerance and a embedded hardware solution.....??

Randall Shimizu rshimizu at consultant.com
Fri Mar 5 12:17:02 MST 2004

Hello,

IMHO you have a problem with the hardware that Asterisk runs on.
You should really look around because there are a number of companies
selling intel based systems with a cPCI bus fully hot swap capable.
I think the only problem would be getting network adapters compatible with
* but then this is only a problem of drivers easily solved by a good
programmer.

If you test out Asterisk on a fully redundant box and you find problems I
think you'd be welcome to send in a patch to fix them so that * could
be used in "enterprise computing" instead of sending in a two page e-mail
with the problems we all know about !

Ok Sorry, I if the email was a bit provocative. I was just trying to get some suggestions & thoughts about hardware and fault tolerance with Asterisk.

Regards

Kiss Karoly