[Asterisk-Users] flash button on GS101

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Fri Mar 5 10:02:13 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 23:21, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 02:04, dkwok wrote:
> > Has anyone using the flash button on GS101 to access call waiting?
> >
> > My experience is that it does not work. I read in the list that it may
> > need to tweak the flash duration to under 100msec. Has anyone have any
> > solution?
>
> GS, as in Grandstream Budgetone? If so, then the flash is sent out of
> band. It has been mentioned that the quality can be questionable and the
> flash button may not be functional due to quality control issues. Please
> verify with a sniff of the wire using something like ethereal to verify
> whether or not the button press actually hits the wire in a meaningful
> manner.

This is the end of what my GS is sending when I press flash so at least
the button is working :-

 INFO..Use
  r-Agent: Grandstream BT100 1.0.4.46..Max-Forwards: 70..Allow:
INVITE,ACK,CANCEL,BYE,NOTIFY,REFER,OPTIONS,INFO,SUBSCRIB
  E..Content-Type: application/dtmf-relay..Content-Length:
25....Signal=16..Duration=40875

but is it meaningful?
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>