[Asterisk-Users] flash button on GS101

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 4 15:21:44 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 02:04, dkwok wrote:
> Has anyone using the flash button on GS101 to access call waiting?
>
> My experience is that it does not work. I read in the list that it may
> need to tweak the flash duration to under 100msec. Has anyone have any
> solution?

GS, as in Grandstream Budgetone? If so, then the flash is sent out of
band. It has been mentioned that the quality can be questionable and the
flash button may not be functional due to quality control issues. Please
verify with a sniff of the wire using something like ethereal to verify
whether or not the button press actually hits the wire in a meaningful
manner.