[Asterisk-Users] 3com NBX phones

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Fri Mar 5 08:14:52 MST 2004

[...]
> Note that the hardware is probably not the same as the
> standard NBX phones : my SIP phones did feature an IR sensor
> to be used by a Palm for automated dialing.

That's actually an option on the better NBX phones...your is probably a
2102-IR or similar, and has been since at least when I did my last NBX
rollout about a year and a half ago.  What seems different is that you
could flash it at all.  When connecting to an NBX, these phones grab
their firmware from the NBX they pin up to.  I suppose there is a
flashable area on the phone that is used as a boot loader in NBX mode,
and probably to store the whole image when flashed with SIP.

Can anyone confirm these are the same phones?  Because I still have
boxes of them somewhere too (that seems to be a common thread here).
Daryl