[Asterisk-Users] 3com NBX phones

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 14:32:52 MST 2004

I know a little history on the 3com SIP phones... We have about a dozen
of them
where I work.  I'm not familiar with the NBX100 model number but the ones we
have are labeled: P/N: 655005001.  The first ones didn't support SIP out
of the
box and had to be upgraded with a new flash image.  I can't recall if
they came from
the factory with H323 or the 3com proprietary IP protocol but the phones
look just
like the 3com PBX phones you see in small businesses.  3com abandoned
the phone
after spinning off the SIP division (Commworks?) and determining that
the phone
hardware just didn't have the resources to continue work on SIP.  It is
a shame because
these phones boot faster than any other IP phone I have seen and have a
good speakerphone.
The image that we use is pre-RFC3261 but would probably work with Asterisk.