[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Feebsd , pls. HELP !

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Mar 4 13:58:56 MST 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 13:48, William Waites wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:24:12AM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > You've already answered your question.  As chan_h323 does not
> > work on FreeBSD, and as you need chan_h323, you are therefore
> > required to not use FreeBSD.
> >
> > Install Linux, like everybody else.
>
> Genetic diversity in operating system support is a good
> thing. It makes for more robust code. Following standards
> is a good thing -- POSIX was written for a reason. If you
> only support one OS you are less likely to notice when
> you do something non-standard.

Non sequitur.  All Windows apps should work under Wine, yet
they don't.  If you don't like the current state of affairs whereby
chan_h323 does not work under FreeBSD, then I suggest you get
to work.  Recommending a solution which does not work gets the
original poster nowhere.  Installing Linux is currently the only
workable solution.

-Tilghman