[Asterisk-Users] KPN BRI

Armand A. Verstappen armand at nl.envida.net
Thu Mar 4 10:43:07 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 16:12, Mark wrote:
> > The software configuration depends (of course) on your hardware

> I have 2 Eicon Diva cards which I am using chan_capi.
> I have chan_capi installed and configured and it detects the ports ok.
>
> I have the lines plugged in but when I dial the number associated with the
> line does not get picked up and I get a non-existant number tone. When I plug
> in a standard isdn telephone into the line it all works ok.

This is where you would tell us what is in your /etc/asterisk/capi.conf,
and what is in your extensions.conf

hint:
------capi.conf------------
;
; CAPI config
;
;
[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8

[interfaces]

amaflags => billing
group => 1

msn=101234567
incomingmsn=101234567
controller=1
softdtmf=0
context=inbound-pstn
;prefix=0
;echocancel=yes
;echotail=64
devices=2

msn=107654321
incomingmsn=107654321
controller=1
softdtmf=0
context=inbound-pstn
devices=2

> I think I am using the wrong kind of signalling. I have found out that kpn use
> e164 as the signalling but I cannot find anywhere to configure this.

Well, I'm using capi on KPN lines since ages, and have never knowingly
configured any kind of signalling, so I doubt that that's the right path
to search.