[Asterisk-Users] KPN BRI

Matthew Enger menger at xi.com.au
Wed Mar 3 15:45:44 MST 2004

This is a bit of a longshot, but do you know if your line is configured
point-to-point to point-to-multipoint.

We found with netjet cards in australia they only worked if the line was
configured point-to-multipoint and funny things happened if the line
wasn't. We could dial out of the line with a ISDN phone alright just not
with the PBX.

Another thing is check your msn details.

Regards,
	Matthew Enger
	menger at xi.com.au

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 02:12, Mark wrote:
> > The software configuration depends (of course) on your hardware
> > configuration. In this situation, what kind of hardware do you plan to
> > use to connect your asstricks box to KPN? <opinion>You are best of going
> > with a capi capable isdn card, and using chan_capi (see
> > http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/page1.html)</opionion>, your
> > alternative would be to use chan_modem together with isdn4linux.
> > I've done both, so my <opinion /> is based on personal experience.
>
> I have 2 Eicon Diva cards which I am using chan_capi.
>
> I have chan_capi installed and configured and it detects the ports ok.
>
> I have the lines plugged in but when I dial the number associated with the
> line does not get picked up and I get a non-existant number tone. When I plug
> in a standard isdn telephone into the line it all works ok.
>
> I think I am using the wrong kind of signalling. I have found out that kpn use
> e164 as the signalling but I cannot find anywhere to configure this.
>
> Thanks for any advice you can give.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Matthew Enger <menger at xi.com.au>