[Asterisk-Users] Roaming extension

Jason Miller jwm at interlinc.net
Thu Mar 4 11:32:37 MST 2004

I have a question about the capabilities on a user who wants to roam around and keep the same extension. I see in the extensions.conf file you have to set the IP address in there for the extension to call the phone. Is there a way to set the extension IP to be setup per username instead. That way no matter what there IP is, asterisk will see that they have *IP* registered in the SIP peers and dial that to that IP.

Or am I just doing something wrong in the configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Jason