[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel on Debian

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Wed Mar 3 22:07:11 MST 2004

Hi,

I have Zaptel on Debian Testing with 2.4.24 kernel.  I am building stuff
from CVS instead of using packages for right now.  I like to get my bug
fixes fresh everyday or 3.

Here is what I did to make it work.

Had Deb testing already running.
Built 2.4.18,19,20,22,24 (had zap working with all of them)
Installed the kernel and reboot.
Downloaded Asterisk, Libpri(not sure if this is needed for X100P but have it
anyway), Zaptel from 	CVS.
Built them all (at first I think I had to find some dev packages such as
libdb4-dev and a few 	others) with a make install  If it is your first time
for asterisk then also do make samples.
Configured zaptel.conf like this.

fxsks=1
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

Loaded the wcfxo module with modprobe wcfxo
Ran ztcfg (to configure the card)
Set Zapata.conf like this
signalling=fxs_ks
rxgain=6.0