[Asterisk-Users] Routing NOTIFY Messages?

John J. Sawa john.sawa at oracle.com
Tue Mar 2 23:17:23 MST 2004

Is it possible to route SIP NOTIFY messages through * ?

Basically, I have an external VoiceMail application that needs the
ability to send SIP NOTIFY messages to * users, in order to do MWI to
the SIP phones. I realize the asterisk voicemail application does this,
but does * have the ability to accept these SIP messages from another
application. If so, will my application have to REGISTER then INVITE the
phone then send the NOTIFY message?

Currently, my application can send NOTIFY messages directly to the
phones in order to turn on and off MWI, but I would really like to be
able to send these messages to * and have it handle the routing to the
endpoints as * knows all the endpoints due to registration and proxy
capabilities. Any input on if and how this can be done would be appreciated.

Thank you. -John