[Asterisk-Users] KPN BRI

Wed Mar 3 08:12:41 MST 2004

> The software configuration depends (of course) on your hardware
> configuration. In this situation, what kind of hardware do you plan to
> use to connect your asstricks box to KPN? <opinion>You are best of going
> with a capi capable isdn card, and using chan_capi (see
> http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/page1.html)</opionion>, your
> alternative would be to use chan_modem together with isdn4linux.
> I've done both, so my <opinion /> is based on personal experience.

I have 2 Eicon Diva cards which I am using chan_capi.

I have chan_capi installed and configured and it detects the ports ok.

I have the lines plugged in but when I dial the number associated with the
line does not get picked up and I get a non-existant number tone. When I plug
in a standard isdn telephone into the line it all works ok.

I think I am using the wrong kind of signalling. I have found out that kpn use
e164 as the signalling but I cannot find anywhere to configure this.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards

Mark