[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 and short delay before voice starts after ring.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Mar 3 07:08:13 MST 2004

Ops, guess I should have read that a little closer. Not enough coffee yet. :(

Rich
> I think what James is referring to is the delay once the call already been dialed.  It's not
specific to Ciscos, as I'm experiencing the same problem on my polycom phones.  Must be SIP
related.

> The problem is that once a call is dialed, when the remote party picks up the phone, the first
half second is cutoff.  The remote party won't hear the first half second of the call.  I had
this happend several times in the last few days.  I've also had a few complaints from users
recently.  Here's what it looks like.