[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 and short delay before voice starts after ring.

Bisker, Scott (7805) sbisker at harvardgrp.com
Wed Mar 3 07:04:20 MST 2004

I think what James is referring to is the delay once the call already been dialed.  It's not specific to Ciscos, as I'm experiencing the same problem on my polycom phones.  Must be SIP related.

The problem is that once a call is dialed, when the remote party picks up the phone, the first half second is cutoff.  The remote party won't hear the first half second of the call.  I had this happend several times in the last few days.  I've also had a few complaints from users recently.  Here's what it looks like.

SIP phone dials 555-1234 (outside line via PRI)
555-1234 rings
555-1234 answers and says "Hello"
SIP phone hears "o"  or nothing at all.

If 555-1234 is slow to say something, then everything is heard fine.

Caveats.  echotraining and echocancel are enabled on the PRI, however, similiar Zap calls are not affected.