[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 2000 not ringing.

Mark Messmore, Technical Support, University Telcom Inc. mark at utionline.net
Tue Mar 2 11:59:14 MST 2004

I was just wondering if anyone has had this situation...or one similar
to it.

I've got a Sipura SPA 2000.  After hooking it up and configuring it with
my * box, it has worked well.  From both lines we are able to dial out
at any point in time.  However after a few minutes (5-10 usually) the
Sipura will stop sending a ringer signal to the phones.  We can still
dial, * shows that it is ringing those SIP clients, and both lines are
still shown as being "registered".  Everything will work fine for the
first 5-10 minutes after being "rebooted"...however after that there is
silence.  Even if I dial the line from my cell phone and pick up the
telephone that I am dialing...there is dial-tone...therefore it seems
that the Sipura is just not passing those incoming calls after a short
time period.

If you have any idea why this is happening I'd sure appreciate hearing
your thoughts.  Thanks

Mark