[Asterisk-Users] Disa & #

Ed Devine ncfm at airmail.net
Tue Mar 2 08:43:35 MST 2004

I want to be able to use DISA without sending the # sign to terminate the password. Actually, I rather be able to use a "fixed field of X digits" (i.e. 228XXXX for the password, where if a match is found, the field is terminated and the call processes).

Our system has been configured to act as a switch, basically, it accept's inbound calls, verifies account authorization, selects an outbound trunk, and routes the calls, think "call forwarding" and you'll have the basic concept.

Having to allways use the # plays havoc with some of the Automatic route selection used in various PBX's (and even some automated dialers have problems processing the #) that I'm trying to route calls from.

Essentially, I want these customers to be able to route calls through our asterisk without having to incur additional programming charges from their vendors. Being able to send an authorization string (or better yet being able to use their existing authorization string) that isn't terminated by # would make it a piece of cake to convert these accounts to our service.

Has anyone had any experience passing authorization to DISA that isn't terminated with #?

Has anyone got a recommendation as to a better way to achieve the same goal?