[Asterisk-Users] No Ringback Tone when Dialing (outside caller to internal extension from auto-attendant)

Paul Vermette paul_vermette at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 07:12:33 MST 2004

I have been unsuccessful of yet to produce a ringback tone when trying as an
outside caller to dial an internal extension from an auto-attendant. This is
the scenario:

1.     Outside caller dials main line that is going into an FXO card
(X100P).

2.     Auto-attendant answers

3.     Outside caller dials an internal extension

4.     Internal extensions are analog phones connected to SPA-2000 using
SIP.

In Step one, of course the caller gets a ringback tone until the
auto-attendant calls (supplied by the PSTN).

In Step 3, the extension rings but no ringback tone is supplied to the
caller.

Things I have tried thus far (_please read_).

1.     Removing Answer application from auto-attendant

2.     Adding "r" option to Dial application

3.     Add Ringing application before dialing

None of these options have worked.

Please note that if I call from one internal extension to another, I get a
ringback tone. As well if I call an outside line from an internal extension
I get a ringback tone.

I have searched the Asterisk Wiki, Asterisk Mailing List and google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.