[Asterisk-Users] Record Application

Scott England scott at homelan.com
Tue Mar 2 00:02:04 MST 2004

While trying to add the ability to record memos into my asterisk system
I ran into a small issue with the Record app.  If I specify a silence
detection period the application makes the recording and hangs
up,instead of continuing with the dial-plan as it should. Now if I dont
specify a silence detection period an use only the # to end all
recording sessions then everything works great, I make the recording,
press # and the recording finishes and the system continues with the
dial plan.

With silence:

exten => 205,2,Record(/tmp/asterisk-recording:gsm|5)

Without Silence:

exten => 205,2,Record(/tmp/asterisk-recording:gsm)

I also receive this error message when I have the silence specified.

NOTICE[475151]: Unable to find a path from ULAW to UNKN WARNING[475151]:
Unable to restore read format on 'IAX2[default at 192.168.0.32:4569]/2'

This was happening on a remote * server without a zaptel interface.
First I tried different codecs, that didnt work then I moved everything
to a server that has a zaptel interface in it (Its the gateway for the
PRI's that feed to the remote *) and the record function works as
advertised, with or without a silence detection variable.
Then to make sure it wasnt my config I got a voicepulse account  and set
it up to my remote * server and I have the same problem.

So my conclusion here is that the Record function's silence detection
only works on a machine with zaptel hardware. Is this  new or am I just
missing something in my configs. I have the dummy driver installed for
timing is that possibly flawed?