[Asterisk-Users] RE: Dial up adapter

Craig asterisk at nihost.net
Mon Mar 1 16:36:19 MST 2004

I currently run a multitech multivoip MVP200 over a dialup, simply have
it dlink di804 with an analogue 33k modem hanging off it.

The dialup is through a Satellite circuit of marginal standard, yet the
voip circuit works with both voice circuits in use flawlessly for over
12months with average ping times between 700 & 1300 msec (and you guys
complain about slow broadband!).

The only issue I suffer is an occasional drop in the data path for up to
20 seconds at a time which obviously causes a temporary loss in voip,
however this is a data path issue and not related to using it for voip.

Regards, Craig
Craig Robinson
craig at nihost.com