[Asterisk-Users] GotoIf voicemail message is too long??

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Mar 1 13:08:14 MST 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 13:59, Jim Rosenberg wrote:
> If someone leaves a voicemail message and gets booted out of
> voicemail because the message is too long, I would like different
> behavior than if the # key is pressed. Anyone have a snippet of
> extensions.conf that shows how to do this? How do I do a generic
> gotoif based on the result code of an application?

Application result codes are generic and are interpreted directly by
the PBX.  The results cannot be referenced.

> What is the magic place to find where in "the documentation" <the
> WHAT!?> the condition syntax is documented? Is there a URL for
> this?

/usr/src/asterisk/doc/README.variables

> What is the magic place to find all there is to know about "magic"
> extension offsets (e.g. +101 if yatta yatta, +50 if yatta yatta,
> etc.)

There is no magic here.  If an application jumps to priority + 101, it
is because the application has specifically made that change to the
channel.  You can use grep to reference which applications first check
for the existence of priority + 101, then add 100 to the priority
(where it is then incremented by the PBX to 101).

-Tilghman