[Asterisk-Users] Small office requirements - Can this be done?

Senad Jordanovic senad at boltblue.com
Mon Mar 1 11:23:08 MST 2004

WipeOut wrote:
> Angel Gabriel wrote:
>
>> I have 5 BT phone lines coming into my office. We use four for
>> international calls, and one for local/mobile calls. We have just
>> obtained another call carrier, and now we would like to be able to
>> make calls from any phone to any carrier, without having to remember
>> what details to tap into the phone. I would like all calls to be
>> prefixed with the relevant codes, so that my employees can all dial
>> direct. Also, incoming calls, I want them all redirected to just one
>> phone, the one in reception, and then diverted as required. Is the
>> above possible??
>
> Currently connecting more than 3 analog lines to asterisk can be
> problematic unless you get hold of a channelbank (not that availible
> in
> the UK)..
>
> My suggestion is that you get your 5 analog lines converted to 3 ISDN
> BRI lines (6 channels probably with a lower cost than you are
> currently
> paying) and then use and AVM or EICON 4 port ISDN card with the
> chan_capi driver..
>
> This will allow you to have the features you were after as well as a
> simplistic DDI system useing MSN numbers on the BRI's (if you get what
> BT call ISDN2e lines it will allow hunting across the lines if I
> remember correctly)..

Or..

You could port your numbers to a licenced telco... Install SDSL (or even
ADSL if you have a lot of faith in your current provider) and get all
lines working throught SDSL.. :) You prabably should keep one BT line
for fax and/or backup.

This way you will avoid BT charge of £12.50+VAT per month for each line,
have combined data/voice service with quality of services put in place.

I am soon to install similar setup to replace 8 BT lines.

Ta
Senad