[Asterisk-Users] Small office requirements - Can this be done?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 1 10:32:34 MST 2004

Angel Gabriel wrote:

> I have 5 BT phone lines coming into my office. We use four for
> international calls, and one for local/mobile calls. We have just
> obtained another call carrier, and now we would like to be able to
> make calls from any phone to any carrier, without having to remember
> what details to tap into the phone. I would like all calls to be
> prefixed with the relevant codes, so that my employees can all dial
> direct. Also, incoming calls, I want them all redirected to just one
> phone, the one in reception, and then diverted as required. Is the
> above possible??

Currently connecting more than 3 analog lines to asterisk can be
problematic unless you get hold of a channelbank (not that availible in
the UK)..

My suggestion is that you get your 5 analog lines converted to 3 ISDN
BRI lines (6 channels probably with a lower cost than you are currently
paying) and then use and AVM or EICON 4 port ISDN card with the
chan_capi driver..

This will allow you to have the features you were after as well as a
simplistic DDI system useing MSN numbers on the BRI's (if you get what
BT call ISDN2e lines it will allow hunting across the lines if I
remember correctly)..

Later..