[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Causing Cisco 7200 Router to Crash?

Daniel Jimenez djimenez at pobox.com
Wed Jun 30 20:28:15 MST 2004

Brian Wilkins wrote:
> Hi,
>    We are having an issue here. It seems that whenever we initialize Asterisk
> on our network, the router that the Asterisk server is connected to (Cisco
> 7200) crashes and loses it configuration. This has happended five times and
> each time we have tested it, it is always when Asterisk starts up. Has anyone
> else seen this problem? It is very odd because this is a very good router and
> we had the Asterisk server on an exact same router but different network
> before and it did not cause a crash. We have gone through two different Cisco
> 7200 series routers and both exhibited the same problems. Any clues? Thanks -

Absolutely not the 7200.

IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-IS-M), Version 12.1(19), RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)
Compiled Tue 04-Mar-03 08:46 by kellythw
Image text-base: 0x60008950, data-base: 0x61562000

My Asterisk server is behind it and running great. I'm even using QoS.

In fact, I need to update the thing.

--
Daniel Jimenez <djimenez[at]pobox[dot]com>