[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation, when software doesn't cut it. Whats next?

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Wed Jun 30 16:36:07 MST 2004

Over the last couple weeks I've tried everything I could get my hands on
in an attempt to get rid of my echo problems. Using a CVS checkout of
just yesterday, I've tried every echo cancellation routine in zconfig.h
(including Mark2 w/Aggressive) , as well as the echotraining=800
mentioned on this list just last week.

While some things worked better then others, I would consider none
acceptable solutions in my situation. Playing with rx/tx gain values
just seemed to quiet the voice down and along with that the echo
happened to be less noticeable. I could almost get the echo to disappear
with a low enough rx/tx gain, but then the voice could barely be heard,
or DTMF tones stopped working.

So whats the next step?

I only get echo when dialing over the PSTN. Using Nufone to dial a PSTN
number results in absolutely zero echo. Do I put in a request for a
Telco technician to come out and take a look at the lines?

One page on the Wiki says:

"Most of the telco's have technicians with the equipment necessary to
help find the problem if the problem really is their outside plant.
However, getting to that person can be a real challenge."

Any suggestions on ways to overcome the challenge of getting the right
technician on the phone?

Thanks.

--
Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>