[Asterisk-Users] Answering Service Agent Auto Login

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Wed Jun 30 12:09:25 MST 2004

Does anyone know of a solution where I would be able to setup some sort of
permanent connection to the asterisk server via IP?

 I can't have a dial tone in their ears constantly and I need to find a
phone or solution which is $150 or less (preferably under $100) per
workstation.

Check out the XTen soft phone (http://www.xten.com/). This should have just
about everything you want except adding the agent to the Queue, which can be
handled by using an autodial sequence. If you REALLY don't want the agents
to have access to the phone, I think there are a few open-source softphones
that you could strip down to bare minimum.

--Ernest