[Asterisk-Users] Registration of H323 Endpoints?

administrator tootai admin at tootai.net
Wed Jun 30 01:41:54 MST 2004

Brian Wilkins a écrit :

>Hi,
>    I am using the asterisk-oh323 wrapper and I am looking to allow
>registration of h323 endpoints and allow Asterisk to act as a gateway. The
>idea is simple: H323 endpoints would register with Asterisk. They each would
>have their own internal extension (like SIP). If a H323 endpoint dials an
>outbound extension, then the h323 call gets routed to a H323 Gatekeeper which
>then terminates the call on an analog phone line. I've looked extensively for
>the solution, but to no avail. Is this possible? If not, what then would be a
>more common approach? I'm looking to allow hardphones or even soft h323
>phones to connect and place calls accordingly.

I do the following, but using the native h323 channel of asterisk:

H323 EP register to GnuGK
SIP EP register to *
In GnuGK, all prefix except 0 is directected to * -> H323 EP can call
SIP EP or use IAX & SIP gw
In *, all 900 -> 919 (or whatever you want) are considered as H323 EP
and are directed to GnuGK -> SIP EP can call H323 EP
In GnuGK, 0 prefix is going to Gateway EP. SIP client can also place
call to this gw by dialing 93 prefix.

--
Daniel