[Asterisk-Users] Incoming IAXTel/IAX2 issue

Ben Witso benw at bgwcomp.com
Mon Jun 28 17:07:43 MST 2004

Hi all,

I spent most of the last weekend testing and trying to diagnose some
mostly incoming call issues. I'll start with the easy one in the hopes
it might have a positive impact on the others. First- I have an account
with IAXTel. I can place calls to other IAXTel subscribers and also
through IAXTel to landline toll free numbers and all works great. iax2
show registry shows I am successfully registered with IAXTel. I wanted
to test my incoming IAXTel connection so I thought I'd call myself. The
first time I did, the call came in and played about 1 second of the
audio from my 1st speech file and about 1 second of the 2nd but was
silent the rest of the time. You could see from the console that the
call was progressing, and it wound up dialing the extension I had
programmed - I just couldn't hear anything. On subsequent calls I could
hear no audio at all even though the call processes as it is supposed
to (according to the console output). I am seeing occasional Warnings:
"chan_iax2.c:5538 socket_read: Received mini frame before first full
voice frame". When I let the call go all the way to voicemail to see if
I can leave a message, it hangs up with the following:

Jun 28 18:59:30 WARNING[1133718208]: chan_iax2.c:5538 socket_read:
Received mini frame before first full voice frame
  Jun 28 18:59:30 WARNING[1133718208]: chan_iax2.c:1396
attempt_transmit: Max retries exceeded to host 65.29.4.223 on
IAX2[iaxtel at 69.73.19.178:4569]/3 (type = 2, subclass = 2, ts=871,
seqno=0)
   == Spawn extension (3986menu, t, 3) exited non-zero on
'IAX2[iaxtel at 69.73.19.178:4569]/3'
   == Executing Hangup("IAX2[iaxtel at 69.73.19.178:4569]/3", "") in new
stack
   == Spawn extension (3986menu, h, 1) exited non-zero on
'IAX2[iaxtel at 69.73.19.178:4569]/3'
     -- Hungup 'IAX2[iaxtel at 69.73.19.178:4569]/3'
     -- Hungup 'IAX2[69.73.19.178:4569]/2'

First- is this something I can expect to happen if I try to place a
call to myself? Second could a couple of you with IAXTel accounts try
to give my account a call and see if you get any different results?
When you call, I have an "IVR" context set up which plays 3 sound files
in a row ("Hello thank you for calling..."), then dials an extension
for 15 seconds, then plays 2 more sound files ("I'm sorry, no one can
answer...") and sends the call to voicemail. My number is 700-934-3568.

Or if anyone has any ideas for me to try/debugging to look at I'm all
ears. I'm running the a recent CVS head (6/21). I'm not sure what else
is relevant at the moment. I'd be happy to send sections of conf files
or console traces if it would help.

TIA for any help!
Ben