[Asterisk-Users] Vonage and Asterisk integration

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Jun 29 11:37:01 MST 2004

Jay Milk wrote:
> Like I said, they just seem to be lazy and/or badly organized.  If they
> can do LNP, why can't they change a "hardline" into a "softphone", break
> one number out onto a different ATA, etc?  I basically laid it out for
> them, saying "If you can't move my 2nd line from this ATA to a new ATA,
> then I'll need to cancel that line"... I no longer have that line.  Not
> being able to something this simple cost them over $500/year from me...
> I wonder how many other Vonage users will drop them because of such
> things.

Vonage thinks that by being first, and by having the largest ITSP
advertising budget (so far) that they can pretty much dictate things to
their customers.

Down the line they will be paying highly for this.  I have drastically
scaled back my use of their service, in part because nufone is very
satisfactory and much cheaper, and in part because of their arrogance
wrt their customers.

B.