[Asterisk-Users] Call dropping out after 5s: Solution!

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jun 29 07:00:45 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 08:36, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> I posted two days ago a problem I was facing that calls made over the
> Internet to my Asterisk gateway would hang-up after just 5s (no NAT
> were involved)
> Answer I got was: it's your config

[snip]

> So now which PCI slot your card is in makes a difference! Something
> very fishy here.
>
> Was this documented? I didn't find anything like that whatsoever. I
> guess this could be added somewhere

cat /proc/interrupts will tell you what IRQ your card is on and if any
other devices are on the same IRQ.  Usually calls dropping is caused by
callprogress=yes or busydetect=yes (the beaten, bloody, dead horse is in
the archives).  If your card was sharing IRQs then the expected symptom
would be poor audio quality, not dropped calls.

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows