[Asterisk-Users] How to test E1 interfacing?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 01:59:51 MST 2004

Hi,

I have a project coming up which will need to interface Asterisk to
E1 trunks in the UK. I have a couple of questions which I hope someone
can answer, or give me some pointers:

1. If I want two E1 trunks, is there anything to choose, performance-wise,
   between using two ports on a single TE405P, and using two E100P cards?

2. How can I test the E1 operation in the lab, which doesn't have an
   E1 line available, before taking the unit to the installation site?
   Can I run two Asterisks back-to-back? Can I run one port into another
   on a single TE405P?

I couldn't find anything on the above in the Wiki; if I didn't look hard
enough, please tell me where I missed. Thanks.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield