[Asterisk-Users] Zap X100P oscillation

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Mon Jun 28 13:58:46 MST 2004

I wonder if your issue and mine are related somehow.

I have a asterisk server with 4 FXO cards in it, and when a call comes
in one ZAP channel, then dials out another, I hear what could be
described as a steam engine starting up. It starts off kinda slower/
quiet, then quickly (in about 2-4 seconds) completely over powers the
line.

The only way I could stop it was by adjusting the gains.

rxgain=-8.5
txgain=4

Seemed to do the trick. As did:

rxgain=-6.5
txgain=1

An rxgain of even -8.0 or -6.0 in either case would result in this
"steam engine" sound. -8.5 or -6.5 would make it go away completely.

I'm using a CVS checkout from yesterday, and I tried with both
echotraining=800 and turning echo cancellation off completely. Neither
made any difference.

It would be really nice to be able to use a positive rxgain value. I
haven't tried with the echo app, but using just one FXO card works fine
with almost any rx/txgain value. As soon as the call utilizes two FXO
card at the same time, the "steam engine" sound occurs.

Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>