[Asterisk-Users] Zap X100P oscillation

Whisker, Peter Peter.Whisker at logicacmg.com
Mon Jun 28 08:26:32 MST 2004

Has anyone seen this problem before?

I have a server with a single X100P card. The audio level is a low, but if I
raise the gain to more than -2db (Rx + Tx) it starts to oscillate in an echo
test. Not at a high frequency but with a noise that is best described as a
steam engine starting up. It then starts to clip and crackle. If I bring the
gain down to Rx=-2.0 and Tx=0.0 or lower then it settles down but it is very
very quiet.

I have tried the latest CVS Head with echotraining=800 set and also complied
with the aggressive echo cancelling, but nothing seems to help.

Ideas welcome!

Many thanks
Peter Whisker